Attention Students and Parents -
A PDF of the Performance Assessment Workbook (your green book) can be found to the right of this page.
RACE short answer paragraph formula
1st sentence - Clearly, ____(restate the question/prompt)_____
2nd sentence - Answer the prompt/question, but keep it very general (do not give reasons or text evidence yet)
3rd sentence - According to the text, ______(evidence)_______
4th sentence - ____(more text evidence)_________
5th sentence - Finally, ____(evidence)________
6th sentence - This means ______(explain)_________
7th sentence - For example, _______(give an example)__________
8th sentence - Without a doubt, ______(restate your "R" sentence)______
There are two ways to find the correct pronoun.
- Cover up the first person in the group and read the sentence again
- Is the pronoun a subject or an object in the sentence? Use your chart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnNj-nkVsRQ Shmoop Intro to Pronoun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f3a2l9QLxU Shmoop Subject vs Object Pronouns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwAdeq4uyIU Shmoop I vs Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNKgQi7JUcQ Shmoop She vs Her
Stations (answers are bolded):
- Have Billy and (him, he) made their corrections in their essay?
- Darla and (she, her) like to watch Hallmark movies.
- The handyman and (she, her) repaired the leaky faucet.
- Billy Bob sat by (himself, hisself) in the lunchroom, but he didn’t mind.
- The president of the company gave the managers and (they, them) a bonus.
- Mr. Nickel sent Janson and (he, him) to Kentucky to watch the derby.
- Mom and (she, her) like shopping with their children on Saturdays.
- Royce and (I, me) would like to take a cooking class.
- The UPS driver walked past my friend and (I, me).
- Levi’s dad sent Mary and (I, me) tickets for the BSU game.