Attention Students and Parents -
There are two ways to find the correct pronoun.
- Cover up the first person in the group and read the sentence again
- Is the pronoun a subject or an object in the sentence? Use your chart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnNj-nkVsRQ Shmoop Intro to Pronoun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f3a2l9QLxU Shmoop Subject vs Object Pronouns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwAdeq4uyIU Shmoop I vs Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNKgQi7JUcQ Shmoop She vs Her
Stations (answers are bolded):
- Have Billy and (him, he) made their corrections in their essay?
- Darla and (she, her) like to watch Hallmark movies.
- The handyman and (she, her) repaired the leaky faucet.
- Billy Bob sat by (himself, hisself) in the lunchroom, but he didn’t mind.
- The president of the company gave the managers and (they, them) a bonus.
- Mr. Nickel sent Janson and (he, him) to Kentucky to watch the derby.
- Mom and (she, her) like shopping with their children on Saturdays.
- Royce and (I, me) would like to take a cooking class.
- The UPS driver walked past my friend and (I, me).
- Levi’s dad sent Mary and (I, me) tickets for the BSU game.