Robotics - 2022-23 Vex Competition
Tyler Williamson -7th/8th Grade @ Lone Star Middle w/ Team 7-1
Email: [email protected] -- Phone#: 208.468-4745
Office Hours: M-F 2:45m - 3:30pm
6th period preparation time
2022-2023 VRC Robotics Schedule
Date Location Time
Nov. 16 East Valley MS, Nampa 4:00pm-5:30pm
Nov. 30 South MS, Nampa 4:00pm-5:30pm
Dec. 14 Lone Star MS, Nampa 4:00pm-5:30pm
Jan. 6 Ridgevue HS, Nampa 7:30am-5:30pm
Jan. 13 East Valley MS, Nampa 8:00am-4:00pm
Jan. 18 West MS, Nampa 4:00pm-5:30pm
Jan. 27 Vallivue HS, Caldwell 7:30am-5:30pm
Feb. 1 East Valley MS, Nampa 5:30pm-7:00pm
Feb. 10 Vale HS, Vale, OR 7:00am-6:00pm
Idaho State Championship – Middle School
Feb. 28 BSU, Boise 7:00am-5:30pm
World Championship – Middle School
April 23-27 Dallas, TX
- Arrive early or on time before the bell.
- Bring supplies: Charged computer, Graph Notebook
- Each and every day I expect your personal behavior to be respectful of yourself, others and me. If there happens to be a substitute the expectation is for you to be even more polite than at any time.
- Each and every day I will come prepared and do my best to engage you trying to inspire you to do your best.
- When you come in our room be prepared with your device, a good attitude, a willingness to put in effort and the idea that there will be something presented to you which you will be able to use in your future.
When the need arises that the behaviors demonstrated in class require my to apply the school's discipline policy then those steps will be followed to the best of my abilities.
The work completed within your notebook and the final version of your projects will be compared to the provided rubric for analysis.
If you improve anything for class or feel that there needs to be an adjustment to your "Grades" it is your responsibility to contact me.
8th Robotics - Using the multiple roles of robotics team each teammate with be assessed with the provided standards rubrics.
7th Robotics - Assessing the notebook, the built mechanisms and the eventual robots according to the standards.
8th Applied Arts: 3D Design - There are a rage of possible projects we could and will dive into. Starting with the manipulation of Lego's, creating objects in tinkercad.com, then on to paper marble roller coasters as we take leftovers to create our own paper for greeting cards. 3 types of cars and rockets come next and perhaps last.
7th Applied Arts: 3D Design - With only a quarter of the time there are a rage of possible projects we could and will dive into but only a smaller shorter version. Starting with the manipulation of Lego's, creating objects in tinkercad.com, then on to paper marble roller coasters as we take leftovers to create our own paper for greeting cards. 3 types of cars and rockets come next and perhaps last.
Platforms/ Apps/ Toolbox used in class:
My favorite activities include:
- Making choices within structure
- Mind mapping
- Scientific Argumentation
- Self-grading/ reflection
- Robotics: construction, planning, coding
- Rockets: paper, air pressure, solid state(Estes.)
- Increase difficulty throughout the school year as skills develop
- 3-D Modelling
- Scale Modelling
- Collecting data
- Mapping Earthquakes
- Read and review/ summarize articles
- Watch and review/summarize movies
- Create quizizz.com
- Take quizizz.com
- Create/use quizlet.com
- Take photos and label then describe what's happening in OneNote
- Current Events
- Hands on Activities
- PVC modeling
- Guided Lego activities
- Athletic Balls as models
- Styrofoam Balls as models
- Rocks, smashing/dissecting
- Coriolis Effect with a Lazy Susan Table
- Lamps as the Sun
- Going outside for crazy weather and amazing sunrises