Mrs. Young's Language Arts Class
Welcome to 8th grade Language Arts! Please see my Teams page for class agenda and assignments.
I am looking forward to a great year!
Language Arts Online Learning Expectations
- Show up on time to every one of the live class meetings. Check Teams for the invites which will mostly take place every Monday and Tuesday.
- Participate actively and appropriately to the live activities and discussions. Please stay on task and keep your comments and questions related to the topic. Be encouraging and kind to your fellow classmates and of course use appropriate language at all times, whether it be verbal or written.
- Mute your microphone and turn on your video camera for our live meetings. This makes is easier to hear the speaker and get to know your names and faces. Feel free to customize your background by clicking on the 3 dots in the video meetings. Keep in mind all videos are recorded for future access, so act appropriately in gestures and speech.
- If you miss a Live Class Meeting for some reason, please watch the recording or view the activity on Teams. Complete any of the activities or assignments you missed.
- Complete Assignments in Teams every week on time. Check Language Arts Teams twice weekly for new assignments and make sure you complete them by the given due date. You have the entire class period to work on them, which should be plenty of time, as well every Wednesday if you need more time or help.
- E-mail me any time if you have any questions or concerns. That way I can either respond quickly via e-mail or set up a video chat to help you one-on-one during class time or office hours at 2:45-3:30.
- Use the Teams Chat feature for Language Arts content-related questions and comments only. Teams Chat should be used to respond to my posts and discussion board questions only, the exception being if you have an LA-related question and want a quick response. I can mute the chat if it’s not used as intended, but I trust you will do so.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Online learning and technology can be frustrating, but try your best to maintain a growth mind-set and willingness to learn. Take a deep breath or take a break if you need to, as long as you are willing to come back, ask questions, and keep working at it until you get it.
- FUN FUN FUN. Make sure you have some fun too!
Please contact me:
phone: 468-4745 ext 4488